Rental of the Schoolhouse
The Washington School is available to rent for your special events!
One day use: $100 private, $50 non-profit organizations, donation requested for members of the Round Pond Schoolhouse Association.
Weekly rental: $300
If you are interested in renting the Schoolhouse, please call our Program Committee Chairperson, Liz Martone at (207) 529-0032. Liz will be happy to answer your questions, discuss the rules of use, and take your reservation.
- Payment is requested in advance, with security deposit of $250, to hold reservation. A full refund will be made if cancelled 2 weeks prior to the scheduled event.
- Rental includes use of tables and chairs, electricity, use of schoolhouse grounds, composting toilet, driveway parking. Street signage is allowed. There are no kitchen facilities.
- Set-up time and volunteer help can be arranged with our Round Pond Schoolhouse Association (RPSA) event coordinator.
- If refreshments are planned to be more than just "finger food," please review your plans with the RPSA event coordinator.
- No sale of alcoholic beverages allowed anywhere on the schoolhouse grounds. Wine and beer may be served (21 years of age or over) if proof of alcohol insurance coverage is first presented to the event coordinator. This proof of coverage may be either a copy of the host's homeowner's policy that specifically states coverage for "off premises liquor liability coverage," or by special "event policy" which states liquor liability coverage (this is available over the Internet), or by the caterer's insurance policy and liquor license.
- No smoking. No flame of any sort within the building; this includes candles. (Use LED fake candles instead.)
- No tacks in the walls or woodwork.
- Doors will be opened by our RPSA event coordinator, the composting toilet activated, the renter shown around, and any questions answered.
- Renter is responsible for clean-up, trash removal, turning off all lights and locking up. 11:00 PM is closing time.